- Transformer Purchase Guide
- Effortless Voltage Control: Our LVYUAN 5000 Watts Heavy Duty Voltage Converter, Step Up Voltage from 110-120 Volts to 220-240 Volts and Step Down Voltage from 220-240 Volts to 110-120 Volts.
- Simultaneous 2-Mode Output: 110-120V USA Output Socket / 220-240V Universal Output Socket. Detachable replacement power cord for different countries. Shipping is available to all Overseas Military APO/FPO/DPO addresses.
- The Core Components of the Transformer are made of Environmentally Friendly Materials. Metal Casing, Fanless cooling design, Odorless and Noise Free.
- 2 Resettable Circuit Breakers: There is no need to replace the fuse in case of overload, just press the FUSE BUTTON to restore the circuit. Full Range Fuse Protection. Full Range Over Current Protection.
- What You Get: LVYUAN 5000 Watts voltage converter, Hardwired Heavy Duty Insulated Power Cord with USA Grounded 3-Prong Plug, Manual, 3-Year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty.
- Model: VTUS-5000
- Output Power : 5000 Watts
- Input Voltage: AC 110V / 220V
- Output Voltage: AC 220V ±8% / 110V ±8%
- Current (A): 10A(110V) 5A(220v)
- Insulation Resistance: ≥2Ω
- Protection: Over-voltage / Under-voltage / Overload / Over Temperature delay protection
- Size: 8.47" x 7.5" x 5.7"
- Weight: 19.7 lbs
For Optimal Use:
1. For safety reasons, it's recommended to use a Voltage Converter / Transformer that's max watts is at least 50% higher than your appliance.
2. For example, if your appliance is rated at 1000 watts, you need to buy a Transformer with a max power of at least 1500 watts or greater. Some appliances, such as heating appliances, power tools, motors, laser printers and TVs, require 2-4 times more watts at start up than the printed rated wattage.
3. Please switch to the correct voltage before you plug in (110V in US).
Our Transformer purchase guide will provide you valuable information and help you in selecting the right voltage transformer and power converter for your device. Electrical voltage in USA is 110 volt whereas the voltage in most of the foreign countries is 220v to 240 volt. A voltage converter / transformer is required to convert the Input voltage (electricity coming out of the wall) to match the voltage of your device. These transformers or converters can be used safely with all electronics. Refrigerators, Microwaves, Juicers, Blenders, Coffee makers, Power Tools, Stereo Systems, TV's, Video Games, DVDs, Hair dryers, Chargers, computers and other electronics when travelling or relocating abroad.
How do I know if I need a Step Up or a Step Down Voltage Converter or a Transformer?
Remember to leave at least a 100% margin for power surges/spikes when buying a transformer. Some items, such as televisions and computer monitors have a big spike when you turn them on. For these products, you need to buy a voltage converter transformer that is at least 3 times the item's capacity. For Power tools, laser printers, and heating appliances like coffee makers, Rice cookers, toasters, Microwaves, Lasers, Halogen or fluorescent bulbs you must leave a margin of 3-4 times the rated wattage. It doesn't hurt to buy a transformer that is rated much higher than the listed watts on your device.
Our voltage transformers are made to convert Single Phase 110 or 220 volt. American 220 Volt consists of 2 phase of 110 Volt and European 220 Volt consists of 1 phase of 220 volt. These transformers will not work for American 2- phase (two hot legs) 220 Volt power.
Volts x Amps = Watts (i.e. 110V x 0.5 AMPS = 55W). Please make sure not to run any appliance with higher wattage then voltage transformer's wattage. This might damage both your appliance and the transformer!